New 3-part course
Fall 2015 I will be offering a 3 part course, CS 7646: Machine Learning for Trading, online. It is equivalent to the on campus graduate course that I teach at Georgia Tech. The three parts are:
• Part 1: Manipulating Financial Data in Python (about 4 weeks)
• Part 2: Computational Investing (about 4 weeks)
• Part 3: Learning Algorithms for Trading (about 7 weeks)
Parts 1 & 2 above are approximately equivalent to Computational Investing Part I that was offered via Coursera. This new course is still in production and the topics may change, but if you’re interested in the syllabus as it is presently, you can see it here:http://quantsoftware.gatech.edu/Machine_Learning_for_Trading_Course
The course is being developed to be part of Georgia Tech’s Online Master of Science degree in CS (OMS CS). You can learn more about that degree here: http://www.omscs.gatech.edu.
3 ways to access the course
I am expecting that the course will be available in 3 different ways:
• As part of the OMS CS degree program. To take the course in this way, you must be accepted to and enrolled in the OMS CS program. http://www.omscs.gatech.edu
• For free (or at least very inexpensively) via Udacity. This version of the course will likely open sometime in late Fall 2015. This version will not include evaluation and grading of your work by human TAs. I’m not sure if there will be any sort of certification.
• Via Georgia Tech’s Professional Education branch. This version of the course is targeted at people who want certification but do not want to enroll in the OMS CS program. It will include certification and review of your work by TAs. It does not provide college credit though. If you are interested in this version of the course, please register your interest here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MWWVMSH
Computational Investing Part I at Coursera
We are migrating the older Coursera course to their “on demand” platform that allows you to take the course whenever you like, rather than waiting for a session to start. I expect the course to be available there later this summer. You can find out more about this course here: https://www.coursera.org/course/compinvesting1